The Saulzar Codex is done, but the work of getting the word out is just starting.
I need your help.
I’m giving away signed copies of the paperback to 1 out of every 3 people that can complete 30 points worth of tasks.
Stretch Goal Prize: If we hit #10,000 in Amazon Rank, I’ll include a signed, red-inked, printed copy of the Saulzar Codex manuscript.
Grand Prize: one lucky winner will have their name/likeness included in a future story!
The deadline is December 31st. The tasks are below.
You don’t have to complete 30 points worth of tasks to help out and earn my eternal gratitude. Anything you can do will help!
The Saulzar Codex is a fantasy novel that I released in 12 chapters over the course of the last year. If you like Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Conan the Barbarian, you’ll enjoy this book a lot. If you don’t like those things, well, you can still help!
Here’s the blurb from Amazon:
Saulzar is a mighty warrior that wishes for nothing more than a simple life with companions that he loves. But what happens when his life becomes entangled in forces far greater than he can imagine? Can he pay the price to keep the bonds of friendship alive? Or will the lure of power and a sword of legend teach him the true cost of revenge?
Follow Saulzar from his thieving youth in the bustling city of Sol and into the shadow of empire, where he seeks a focus for his wrath. He is a barbarian unchained, and the world will tremble when he finds a release from his rage.
How Can You Help?
Quick and Easy Tasks (1 point each)
1) Like my Author Page on Facebook
2) Follow Saulzar on Twitter
3) Follow me on twitter
Pretty Easy Tasks (2 points each)
1) Like and share the pinned status on the Aaron Brander facebook page. It’s the one that starts “The complete Saulzar Codex is now available for purchase on the Kindle for $6.99. You get all 12 of the previously released chapters and 2 bonus stories!”
Or follow this link.
2) Retweet and Favorite this tweet from me.
3) Retweet and Favorite this tweet from Saulzar.
4) Forward this contest to your friends.
Tasks that take time (5 points)
1) Read the book and share your thoughts on facebook with a link to buy the book. Tag the Aaron Brander author page in the post please!
2) Read the book and share your thoughts on twitter. Include a link to buy the book and @therealsaulzar
Tasks that cost money (10 points)
1) Buy the book! You won’t be disappointed – it’s good!
Super Helpful Tasks (15 points)
1) Read the book and rate it on Amazon. If you share my last name, you shouldn’t post a review. Sorry, Amazon frowns on that.
Bonus Tasks (1 point each)
1) Like and Share future posts from my facebook page
2) Retweet and Favorite posts from TheRealSaulzar on Twitter
3) Retweet and Favorite posts from brandera33 on Twitter
4) Email me (email@example.com) with typos – 2 points per verified typo.
Please include Amazon location number, chapter name, and the full sentence with the error.
You don’t have to enter the contest in order to help. Just doing some of the items above is super helpful, so thank you!
Each task has a point value. If you can reach 30 points, you are eligible to win a free signed book. 1 out of 3 people that reach 30 points will win.
The grand prize winner will get their name / likeness into a later story. I may need to adjust your name a bit to fit the culture, but you’ll know it’s you. We will discuss your character to make sure it’s the right fit.
The contest runs from now until December 31st. I’ll draw the winners in the new year.
In order to win, you need to verify your 30 points for me. Here’s how:
Once you have 30 points, send me an email.
Tell me which items you completed so it’s easy for me to check.
Add all the values up so I know how many points you earned.
For most of the tasks, just telling me your name and twitter handle are sufficient for me to verify. Other tasks take a bit more:
** Forward this contest to your friends – BCC me on the email you send (firstname.lastname@example.org)
** Buy the book! – Take a screenshot of the book in your Kindle Library. (There are lots of ways to take screenshots. I like using jingproject.com.
Just a note, this is only a Kindle book right now, but there are lots of ways to buy and read a Kindle book without owning a Kindle. Read how here.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and helping me get the word out. Any little bit helps!